Hunyo 19, 2013

CONSPIRACY 6: Vengeance is mine

Arf, arf, arf.” Poppy was barking loudly. He was restless. He was running back and forth. Back and forth. He would eventually pull my dress with his canine teeth telling me that there was an intruder outside. He scratched the marbled floor with his pointed claws. Tongue wagging and saliva dripping.

“Hush. Quiet. You are so noisy” No matter how I reprimanded him, Poppy never stopped barking.

I whispered to dad. “Papa, there was someone outside.”

“Eavesdropping?” I’ll check that out.” Dad snapped.

Dad stood from his chair and went directly to the door. Poppy with tongue still wagging and breathing profusely ran after dad.

“Poppy you stay here.” I warned him but the dog ignored my warning.  Then he came back and bit my dress with his teeth. He was pulling me to follow him outside. “You are tearing my lovely dress.” I shouted at him. The dog did not listen at all. He kept on pulling my dress with his teeth. He wanted me to go with him so I succumbed. My heart beat fast as I went outside the house. I could hear it beating loudly that almost going out of my chest.  I was scared that something wrong might happened to dad.

When I was outside I saw dad talking to a little handsome boy like my age. He was wearing khaki shorts, blue stripes t-shirt, white tennis shoes and a white cap that matched his shoes. There was a bag pack on his back. When he saw me, he smiled coyly at me. His dimples were deeply set both on his cheeks. He had a darker shade of blue eyes. I smiled back at him. His deep set dimples reminded me of the boy I saw 2 years ago tagging along with Mrs. Barbara Richards. He had grown taller than me. About 3 inches.

“Jazz come here. I’d like you to meet Adam Richards.”

“Hi, how are you?”

“Great.” He answered but he was avoiding my eyes.

“What brought you here kid. Your mom might be looking for you now.”

He did not answer dad. He went straight into the house. I mean their house. “Gosh. Arrogant. Spoiled brat. What do I expect from a kid born with a silver spoon? Misbehavior.” I said to myself.  

“This is my sanctuary before. When the basement was constructed, I abandoned this place and stayed in the basement because dad said, I’ll be safer there. It was one boring life in a basement albeit it is equipped with high tech gadgets and equipment. It was boring life when you only see the world virtually in those large monitor screens.” He had sarcasm in his voice. Eventually he was right because I experienced that too. This was our topic a while ago before this lad interrupted us.  Soonest possible should the best option.

Adam went to the living room and occupied a large leather couch.  He got a miniature CD inside his bag pack.  He gave the CD to dad. “Dad managed to copy the blueprint of the project that you had been working for 2 years. The ALPHA OMEGA XXX Project. He destroyed the original copy. . He wanted me to give this copy to you and if anything happens to us, you continue the project. Here also are his recorded instructions. There is a secret tunnel going out from this house. You can go out from here clandestinely without being noticed by the agents and spies or whoever with evil claws ready to demolish us.  Below this large couch is the door to the tunnel. Just removed the carpet and you’ll see the entrance.”

Dad was dumbfounded for few minutes. “Does this mean that we need to leave early or we still need to spend Christmas here?

“You have to leave at night time.” Adam instructed.

Then he gave the bag pack to dad. “There is money in the bag pack and credit cards. You can use that while on escapade and until you and your family can find a place to settle.”

I was amazed by Adam’s consummate ability to comprehend even the most complicated scenario. I scanned his brain. He was bugged. There was a small microchip implanted in his brain. His brain could store thousands of information but still acted with human with feelings and emotions.  I glanced at dad. We stared at each other. “Jazz, that is what her father wants me to do.” Dad communicated to me silently.

“I understand dad.”

“You must come with us Adam. Whatever inheritance your father left is due for you.”

“I can’t leave my parents and then he wept.”

I pity Adam. He had no choice but he was too young to be entangled in the mess of conspiracy. Mom was right. What does it profit a man, if he loses his own soul? There was no peace at all. And, this was also the beginning that our lives would be embroiled. To die or to live was the only ultimate option.  I rather chose to live and protect the people I loved.

Adam stopped in front of me and said “Goodbye, Jazz. Till we meet again.” His voice sad and shaking.   He was about to go back to the mansion when I tall black man towering 6’5” feet blocked his way. His lips were thick. He had a huge body. I believed he was formerly a boxer. That was the first time I saw that guy. It sent signal of danger to my brain. He could easily demolish us with his bare fist.

“Eric what’s wrong.” Dad asked the tall guy.

“We have to leave now. The FBI agents are about to raid this place. Blue wants you to bring Adam. He is giving us 30 minutes to leave and he’ll blow this place. No traces should be left. No blueprints of the project should be salvaged.”

Adam was weeping so loud. Eric had to carry him. The poor kid had no strength to walk anymore.






Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento